Monday, December 17, 2007

Remember When

I had to dig through a few files to find this picture--it's 2 years old or so in Nashville at my favorite conference, called re:Create (which I'm totally bummed about not being to go to this year because I can't justify spending the dough, having no job).
I had a dream last night that Tim and I (pictured here, of course) wrote this crazy reggae "worship song" (not a song that worships reggae, in case you were wondering, which could also happen in a dream, I suppose). I'm not sure how it went over at the church we were about to sing it at because I woke up before that happened. I was kind of bummed as well, because there are times when I actually remember the songs I write in dreams. Not this time though.
I couldn't get back to sleep, so I decided to go downstairs a little earlier than usual and play the guitar that was gifted to me my EXTREMELY generous friends who serve in the Worship Arts at Big Valley Grace Community Church--a Taylor 614ce. Yes, this is the same guitar that on the first day it was ever on a stage with a band, Tim (still pictured here) knocked over his guitar, landing the headstock of his telecaster in the soft spruce top of my brand new guitar. It bounced all the way down the face of it, leaving a (barely visible)mark 8 or so inches long. A look of horror came over his face--I still remember it well... It's one of those things that if I had done it, I would have been ticked, but since Tim did it, I actually love it. Every time I see it now, I get to remember a really special occasion (it was my last time on stage at Big Valley before I moved to Ohio), and I get to remember a really good friend. I'm glad God gave us the ability to remember (although I seem to be forgetting a lot of things lately...).

4 comments:

Infarrantly Creative said...

"landing the headstock of his telecaster in the soft spruce top of my brand new guitar"....that is like saying "BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH" to a non-musical person. What I did get out of it was that you guitar got an owie. :-)

Ted Williams said...

You got the drift....

Unknown said...

Did I take that picture? The times...thanks for sharing your reminisces.

Your bro, btw was spotted at Saddleback...he did not recognize me probably since I lost 1/2 a person since 2 years ago at re:create...

Ted Williams said...

It's highly likely that you took the pic. I like the way you used the angle and lighting to make me look taller. Thanks.

Yeah, they were all at Saddleback this year, livin' it up...wish I could have been there....