Monday, December 3, 2007

Hello Old Friend

It's been over 10 years since I've seen Dan Nelles--we went to the same church when we were in high school, and sang next together in some group that he remembered the name (Discipleship Singers, or something like that--yikes!)
Since then, we've been through college (his twin brother, Dave, was actually my roommate in my first year at Liberty University), and are both married with 2 kids each. Somehow, we both landed in the Columbus area. We had a GREAT time at his place the other night for "Bob's Take-and-Bake" pizza and fun just catching up. His wife, Kristen, and his kids were great to get to know.
Dan was possibly the most intelligent kid I've ever known, and it appears that his children are following in his footsteps: Just before dinner, his 5 year old boy asked if he could schedule a time on the calendar for a date with his mom. It appears that he keeps his own calendar, separate from the "family" calendar. I'm pretty sure that the only month I knew about as a 5 year old was January--my birth-month. On top of that, the concept of actually planning something for a future time was not even on my radar screen. Maybe he'll have global warming figured out by 9....

2 comments:

Krysty said...

The Nelles! How funny..I think they have connections to everyone in a 100 mile radius of this place! We connected with them last year at preschool - our oldest boys were in the same class. We had several mutual friends, went to C-ville at the same time & now run in to each other often. But the preschool connection did it for us. God has a way of working through our kids these days! Glad you reconnected with them too!

Ted Williams said...

Crazy!! Dan's a great guy--always has been.