Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The Journey

Those of you who know me know that I'm searching for employment at the present time (leads are greatly appreciated). It turns out that it's taking a while, so I decided it would be good to help start a church in the mean time. Doesn't everyone do that if they can't find a job?

So...this Saturday is the first event, of sorts. We'll be meeting in the Dublin Rec Center at 6pm, and hope to be "officially" meeting together weekly beginning the first Sunday in January or so. We have no funding and no secured location (although we think the rec center is going to work out), but we do have faith that God will make this work if He wants it to happen. We're being available.

We DO have a great team of people with great passion and a heart for God, which is kind of contagious. Hopefully it's contagious enough to find people who can put together the remaining puzzle pieces on this thing. Currently, we have about 50 or so people meeting in the home of our Pastor, Dennis George. Your's truly is doing the music with no microphone and just an acoustic guitar. It's kinda nuts, but a LOT of fun. really.

join us. take the plunge. you're invited.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this post! I never looked at what we are doing in the terms you listed: no funding, no secured place to meet, things sound so desperate! But isn't it really cool to be a part of it, and see what God is doing to provide in those areas in ways we never could imagine! When we are available and let God do His work, it is awesome to watch what He does! I am so excited and thankful to be a part of this whole Journey, and the wonderful group of people God has brought together! I can't wait to see where He takes us next! And yes, we ARE having a lot of fun!

Ted Williams said...

Desperate: not a word I would normally choose to use, Vicki, but I think I'm OK with that. We are desperately dependent on God, as we step out in faith. I think it's better to be in a place of desperate dependance than to think that we have all the answers and can pull everything off without needing God.