Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Everything Waits to Be Noticed


So, after months of regular blogging, nobody has noticed, and it's really driving me nuts. I even made it simple for you by naming my blog "That Would Make a Great Song". All this effort to conform to something that I thought would be so cool when you all caught on, but as Art Garfunkel put it so well,
"Everything Waits to Be Noticed".
"Working for the Weekend"--Loverboy
"Pray"--M.C. Hammer
"The Journey"--Boston
"Christmas Present"--Andy Williams
"Hello Old Friend"--Eric Clapton
"Quote"--Evans Blue
"Morgen"--Richard Strauss
"Thankful"--Caedmon's Call
"The Fire Station"--Kidzone
"Squirrels"--Colin McGrath
"Barbie Girl"--Aqua
"White Blood Cells"--Joe Battaglia
"Poem"--Ulrich Doppler
"Half Past Ten"--Half Past Ten
"El Arca de Noe"--Benita Meshulam
"Spiderman"--Danny Elfman
"Breakfast of Champions"--New Skin
"Fix My Eyes"--Jon Bauer
"Out of the Box"--Tim Miller
"The Monster is Loose"--Meatloaf
"Takin' it to the Streets"--The Doobie Brothers

Yes. These are the titles to all of my blog posts from day one--and all songs available by a simple click on iTunes. Sheesh...

15 comments:

SparrowsAndStacey said...

Of course we all got it, Ted. We just didn't want to ruin your big "reveal". So, you're both insightful AND creative. Who knew?? Here's the test: What can you come up with for "Smell the Color Nine" by Chris Rice?

clayburkle said...

You ruined the mystery. If it makes you feel better... I noticed.

Ted Williams said...

I'm so glad someone did...yeah, I'm pretty much the worst secret keeper ever (on stuff like that, anyway). But I did well-multiple months!!!

Ted Williams said...

You all are sure patient...thanks for not ruining the reveal!!!

Infarrantly Creative said...

Ok I must admit I am slow and not musicallly inclined. DUH...I did not get it. Big surpise huh? But you are more creative than I give you credit for. ;-)

Anonymous said...

if you have actually listened to these songs, much less even heard of some of them, wake me cause i'm dreaming. you probably wont even post this.

Aaron said...

HILARIOUS! Totally didn't get it and I am a HUGE music buff. How sad is that. I'm linking you and giving you publicity. Just wanted to give you the heads up before the "visitors" get here! It's like when someone calls and says "mind if we drop in?"

Ring...ring...

Ted Williams said...

"infarrantly creative" (Becky)

You're right, I wouldn't have necessarily guessed that you would be the one to notice. Thanks, though, for the boost of creativity hope...

Ted Williams said...

"Aaron"
Thanks for the links...glad to see you dropped in.

Ted Williams said...

"markr"
Have a little faith...FYI-I've gone to iTunes, and listened to a minimum of the free 30 second clip of EVERY song that I didn't already know, like you thought about doing (or have already done), I'd bet. Sounds like someone needs a hug.

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I didn't get it. Can I blame it on the water here in South Africa??

Ted Williams said...

Hey Angela!

You can't blame it on the South African water, but maybe you could blame it on Starbucks deprivation or something... Great to hear from you!

Anonymous said...

i dont use itunes. i will not bow to steve jobs nor bill gates for that matter. why would i download encrypted music {that i pay for} to my computer and can only do what they say i can do with it. there are far more creative ways to get tunes. i dont need a hug, but i am very tired i could use a nap.

Infarrantly Creative said...

Mark - wow you haven't changed... still gotta butt heads with Ted. TOO funny! And to you Ted - When are you going to learn to spell my name...it has been 8 years ;-)

Ted Williams said...

OK Beckie...

Yes. I know how to spell your name. I was just seeing if you would notice (right...), which you did. Great job. You passed my observant test.

Yes, I need serious help.