Thursday, December 20, 2007

Open Arms

So, I've been working a lot with Journey the last couple of days--OK, it's not the band that did "Open Arms" (btw, the best rock ballad singer of all time has GOT to be Steve Perry, who used to be with Journey). I've been working on Journey Church's website, http://www.journeychurchcolumbus.org/ (actually a glorified blog--if you want to call what I'm doing to it "glorified"). Sometimes, I feel like I'm just messing up what blogger-pro Aaron Conrad did to get it up and running, but generally, I think we're making some progress. It's really exciting to be a part of Journey Church right now...
We're also in the works right now on a static site, logo, etc. It's a good thing that I have friends like you who actually know how to do that stuff!

IF you are considering of checking out Journey Church, or know someone who might like to, send them our way. They'll be greeted with "Open Arms". (sorry--that was terrible)

PS--for you worship music buffs out there, who can tell me the worship leader who played lead guitar for Steve Perry right out of high school? He happens to be one of my favorite worship leaders/writers, and is likely one of the best 10 guitar players in the country right now, in my opinion.

8 comments:

mconners said...

Ted, would you be super disappointed if the first comment on this post had the correct answer to your trivia question?

Ted Williams said...

Ah, Mr. Conners...the guy who would know with certainty. The guy who is absolutely spilling over with information that a SMALL percentage of the population actually knows or cares about. Go ahead...let us have it (unless someone gets to me first)....

Infarrantly Creative said...

Would it by chance be Lincoln Brewster?...because I am such a music buff. :-)

Ted Williams said...

And the "official" winner is Beckie Farrant, of infarrantly creative blog. Congratulations (double congratulations, actually!). Lincoln Brewster (who lived in Modesto, CA for a while--where I spent 8+ years) actually got a call at home from Steve Perry one day at his house in CA. The rest is history....

mconners said...

This is definitely a tortoise/hare moment for me.

I'll add this in order to get some sort of insider status (if possible) and validate my fragile sense of self:

Ted, at NWBC, we always played "Majestic" a step lower than Brewster's live recording. First chord s/b a D. Lots of nice overtones and voicings follow on the guitar as a result.

Merry Christmas!

Infarrantly Creative said...

Are you just so impressed with me or what? I actually found out that bit of Modesto trivia as well. It was the competitor in me that googled my way to victory. Yah baby! So what is the prize? I will settle for a recording of you singing Midnight Cry. Thank you very much.

Ted Williams said...

It looks like we'll both gain validation after that comment, Mike...you're proving my previous comment correct, once again--the guy with all the facts...amazing.

Ted Williams said...

"infarrantly creative"--yes. I'm proud of you. You are, without a doubt, one of the most competitive people on the planet. Remember the time that you and I nearly killed eachother--literally, while playing Settlers of Cataan? Yikes....

Oh, Midnight Cry--as much as it pains me to dig up something that dated, I might just do it for you.