Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thankful

They tell us that the first Thanksgiving in 1621 was a celebration of life and survival, as much as anything by the 53 Pilgrims who actually made it through the winter (most didn't make it), along with their Indian friends. There is a slide show and stuff here if you'd like to see some thoughts on the subject (click on "the first thanksgiving" tab--I opted to direct you to the site with more pictures!).

Thankful. I'm really thankful for my family--Jen, Noah and Morgen, as well as our extended families. I'm thankful for God's plan for us--for rescuing us from spiritual death and granting us life. I'm thankful for His provision here on Earth, meeting our needs daily (our needs which, based on the above picture, are far less than what we may think). I'm thankful for amazing friends who love us and have chosen to live in community with us (again, different from the above picture, but we're working on it). I'm thankful.

I Thessalonians 5:18
18 "Give thanks in everything, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

No comments: