Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Morgen

We named her Morgen because we really liked the name. We spelled it with an "e" because I like being difficult--well, not just that. It also means "morning" in German, and I liked that much better than the "Morgan" that most people use. The "morning" thing has turned out pretty cool. I LOVE getting her up in the morning. She always wakes up smiley and happy, and so excited to see me. I even wrote her a song a while back that includes the phrase "Morgen in the morning makes me smile." And she does.
She did something that really made me smile yesterday. I went in to get her up, and she did something different than usual-she went for her stuffed bear. And her stuffed hippopotamus (not life-sized). And her pacifier. And her other pacifier. And then came her blanket. The blanket was one thing too many, and she literally just fell face first, holding all her prized possessions, into the mattress of her crib. Splat! I laughed (but probably shouldn't have, as she wasn't so happy about the ordeal).
It did get me to thinking, though. How much are we like that? How many good things are we trying to hold on to that are making us unbalanced? What good things do we really just need to let go of, to pursue the best things that God has for us? Let it go.

No comments: