Monday, November 19, 2007

Barbie Girl

Those who have read my blog may wonder how on earth I've turned out like I have. I think it's from hanging out with friends like Michael Conners, who, in the middle of a perfectly "normal" email correspondance to me, made the following observations. I laughed my head off. Enjoy.

Quoted from Michael Conners:

Factoid: I have 76 full-sized Barbie dolls in my house.
I was picking them up one night and I was straightening them out and figured that as long as I was doing so I might as well count them. 76. That's 25 and some change per daughter. Doesn't count the smaller-sized side-kicks, little sisters and pets. I've shared the number with some guys at work (who also have little girls) and their eyes get real big. I wonder how many missionaries could have used the $$$. God, forgive me.
I may have some of my co-workers daughters over for a play date and have them take a door prize. It might be naked (10% of Barbies counted were without clothing).
Thinking about it, based on the manhood represented in my current Barbie population, my daughters will think that men like to wear pastel colored tights, knee-high boots and are Princes. And based on the Barbie movies we own, they like to sing and dance, too.
That is bad.
Another factoid: Martin Short voices the Lead Evil Guy character in the Barbie movie "The Princess and the Pauper".

How the mighty have fallen. Lead Evil Guy's character name is Preminger. All around thief, Confidence Man and swindler. I've thought about sending Martin some fan mail on the work. I am sure he really needed the scratch at the time he agreed to the part. Fan mail would shame him.

I'm really thankful for crazy friends like Mike Conners.

No comments: