Monday, November 12, 2007

Poem


So, I was dancing around with my kids, saying silly stuff yesterday, and out stumbled this poem. This is a quick revision or 2 later (yes, the original was even worse, I guess...)


"Tongue-Tied"


Once there was a cross-eyed frog
That couldn't catch the flies it spotted.
Every time it's tongue went out,
It got confused and then it knotted.


And some horrible frog jokes to polish it off:



Q: Why are frogs so happy?
A: They eat whatever bugs them!

Q: What happens when two frogs collide?
A: They get tongue tied!

Q: How does a frog feel when he has a broken leg?
A: Unhoppy.

Q: What happens when you mix a frog with a bathtub scrubby-mit?
A: A rubbit!

Q: Why did the frog read Sherlock Holmes?
A: He liked a good croak and dagger.

Q: What happened to the frog's car when his parking meter expired?
A: It got toad!!

Q: What's green green green green green?
A: A frog rolling down a hill

Q: What is a frog's favorite game?
A: Croaket

Q: What did the frog order at McDonald's?
A: A hoppy meal with French flies and a diet croak

Q: Why did the frog say meow?
A: He was learning a foreign language.

Q: Why did the frog go to the hospital?
A: He needed a "hopperation" !

Q: What is the thirstiest frog in the world?
A: The one who drinks Canada Dry!

Q: How deep can a frog go?
A: Knee-deep Knee-deep!

Q: What do stylish frogs wear?
A: Jumpsuits!

Q: What does a bankrupt frog say?
A: "Baroke, baroke, baroke."


OK...focus on the day's projects....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice poem, Ted. But I can tell from the jokes you've been hanging around Denny a little too much...

Although, I have to admit, my favorite is the foreign language one!

Ted Williams said...

That one made me laugh the hardest too!

Big little SIS said...

Ted, I was able to use the foreign language joke today on Tabitha's speech therapist today. Thank you!

They are funny. I actually told them all to the kids yesterday. I am sure they will be passed around tonight at church. See what you started:)

Ted Williams said...

Thanks! Glad I could make someone laugh...