Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Father's Day

OK...I'm not so sure about this, but I got an email this morning (that was supposed to be retrieved a couple of days ago, but I got too busy). It was from my sweet wife, Jennifer, and I'll be in trouble if I don't post it, so here it goes....

Hey,I wanted to surprise you and post a blog about you, but I couldn't remember all your passwords.So, if you would be so kind as to copy and paste this I'd really appreciate it!
Thank You
Ted, since it's your day, I wanted to take the opportunity to thank you for being such an amazing dad to our 2 kids. I realize this is something I should do EVERY day, but being the nearly (but not quite) perfect person that I am, I sometimes forget. I love that you never leave the house without hugging and kissing the kids and saying "I love you!" I see the way their eyes light up when "daddy's home!" They run for the door and cling to your legs like monkeys, laughing and squealing with happiness! I see the way you play with Noah and make him laugh like no one else can.You understand his personality far better than I do, and you continually nurture his creativity. I enjoy watching you sing and play guitar and piano with him. I've witnessed your incredible patience after many of his surgeries, when I know you were exhausted, but you stayed by his side all night to comfort him as he was hurting. I love nothing more than peeking in his room each night and watching the two of you reading and praying together before his lights go out. I watch the way your tenderly hold Morgen and snuggle with her when she's just waking up from a nap. You're protective of your little girl while allowing her to exert her growing independence. I watch your eyes light up when she comes into the room in her dress-up clothes and runs to your arms yelling "DADDY, I'm a princess!"You are quick to discipline but even quicker to give hugs afterwards. You are always striving to give your family priority, above all else, even when you are juggling a million things on your plate. Your kids know how much they are loved, and that has given them confidence and security. We have two AMAZING children, thanks in large part to you.Thank you for the daddy that you are! Happy Father's Day Ted!
Your kiddos love you, and so do I!Jen

2 comments:

Infarrantly Creative said...

Wow that is sweet Jen. You are one lucky guy too Ted. But I think you know that. Happy Father's Day!

Ted Williams said...

Thanks Beckie!