Thursday, February 28, 2008

Narrow Road


So I got a call yesterday from Brad Isch--Senior Pastor at Narrow Road Church. It turns out that we have a mutual friend (a guy named Brian Blackburn), who recommended me to help them out this week, leading in worship. I'm looking forward to checking out Narrow Road--another young church plant (I think they're less than 2 years old). I'm told it's in Newark (never been there, but I've heard that there are roads there and stuff).

Being a part of Journey Church has been AMAZING for me...one of my favorite things, that I never would have "voted" for originally, is having services at 4:30 in the afternoon on Sundays. I LOVE IT. It enables me to have a quiet Sunday morning home with my family most mornings (I've become quite the breakfast cooking mad-man). It also enables me to do things like this at Narrow Road on occasion (I've also been other places on Sunday mornings, helping out here and there, as needed). It's become a GREAT practice for me in the area of "kingdom mindedness".

Pray for me and the community of believers at Narrow Road, that the weekend will be one where the Spirit of God is at work, breathing peace and healing on those present.

2 comments:

Blackie's Tour said...

enjoyed reading this post as well as your others (I'll admit I didn't dig into the American Idol commentary :-)

I had a good weekend at Narrow Road this past weekend. Look forward to hearing how things went in your conversations today.

Let's talk about Simple Worship partnership soon! :-)

Ted Williams said...

Thanks Brian. I had lunch with Brad yesterday, who said that it was great to see you again, etc.

Let's sit down soon...(before it's golfing weather and you ignore me).

Ted