Tuesday, February 26, 2008

American Idol Update (guys)


OK...blogging live, while I watch American Idol (from my DVR, actually)

Michael--chose too big of a song for himself. He's still really good. I actually love the song, but not for him...maybe if he'd taken it a couple steps lower or something....
Jason--I think he really is who he appears to be on the stage. Not too bad. I like him still.
Luke--I just don't think he's good enough for this show. His voice is just a little annoying to me. (Jennifer thinks he looks a little like Orlando Bloom)
Robbie--gross song (although very well known, of course). I don't like him much at all, but he did better this week than last week.
Danny--Absolutely can't stand him. Nowhere near as good as he thinks he might be. Screwy, annoying vibrato, and he sings sharp a lot.
David--I liked his vocals a bunch. His BGV's (back ground vocals) were pretty tight, too (unusual for this show, at this point). Great choice for the last chord. Good job. I liked it. I still don't know about him as a performer, though. We'll see.
Jason--BGVs helped him NONE. He sounded better this week--his voice sounded different, somehow. Still not too good. Not NEARLY as bad as what the judges just said, though. I felt bad for him. He seems like a nice guy.
Chikezie--he looked like Carlton from "Fresh Prince of Bel Air". He sounded better tonight than last week, by far. Still not American Idol worthy, in all honesty (comparing him to who has won in the past). I like the origin and meaning of his name. What a nice guy, it seems.
David Cook--He plays his guitar backwards. I didn't like the tone of the Les Paul much, and it was way too out front in the mix. He's not bad. Vocally OK. I'd like to beat him in Scrabble (he'd so go down, in spite of his "word nerd" status).
David Archeluta--Jennifer thinks he's SO cute. He needs a different mic to stop his popping problems (maybe a pop filter). He's VERY good vocally for his age. He really might win. I like the simple arrangement, with a simple song. GREAT choice. GREAT performance. Wether he wins or not, he's going to be HUGE, no matter what. really. Far and away, best of the night.

Going home--Jason (second one) and Luke. Maybe. We'll see.

3 comments:

Cwilliams said...

Lovin' David! What an awesome song choice and performance. They played his performance on the radio this morning and everyone was loving it!

T.B.D. said...

Which David, there are 3.

Ted Williams said...

Yeah, 3 Davids--how confusing. The first one is the only one without the last name, and I blogged in order of performance. Running the math leaves the only one without a last name on the post being David Hernandez. He's a solid vocalist.